The qualified and gentle hygienists at our East Grinstead dental practice are experts in the management of gum disease and provide the vital support through regular professional cleaning and dental health education; correct brushing technique to help keep your smiles healthy.
Most adults in the UK have suffered from gum disease to some degree.
A common symptom of gum disease is bleeding gums and bad breath. This early stage of gum disease is known as gingivitis.
If gingivitis isn’t treated or neglected a condition called periodontitis can develop and this can also affect the tissues that support teeth and hold them in place.
If periodontitis isn’t treated, the bone in your jaw may be damaged and small spaces can open up between the gum and teeth, which may result in teeth becoming loose and eventually fall out.
During your visit, our hygienist will:
- Assess your current home care routine
- Removes plaque and calculus deposits
- Stain removal through air polishing
- Provide oral hygiene education
- Assess and provide diet advice
- Advice the use of right aids to improve and maintain good oral health
Gum disease can increase your risk of heart attack and stroke.
Other high risk factors which may result in gum disease are:
- Family history of gum disease
Call us today to book your initial hygiene visit