Veneers are a thin layer of reinforced resin filling material or more commonly porcelain material, which can alter your teeth to improve your smile. It provides an aesthetically pleasing protective shell on the outer surface of the tooth, which can help to improve your smile by changing the colour, shape, and size for a more natural and brighter appearance with this conservative approach; some teeth may not even require any preparation.
Due to their smooth and polished finish they resist staining and discolouration caused by everyday consumption of tea, coffee, red wine and tobacco products.
Procedure of veneer placement is minimally invasive therefore there is very little discomfort experienced.
Why choose veneers?
- Smile symmetry
- Shape of teeth
- Size of teeth
- Angle of teeth
- When orthodontics is not an option
- Closure of spaces between teeth
- Reduce the appearance of translucent teeth
- Reduce the appearance of ‘dark corridors’ at the side of the mouth
- Lip posture – how much tooth you show when smiling and at rest